Pregnant Ghost Bat having an ultrasound at Featherdale Wildlife Park
congrats it’s a bat
[delighted bat noises]
IM A TEENAGER I WANNA BE DANGEROUS I WANNA DO SOMETHING CRAZY I WANNA GO STEAL A TRAFFIC LIGHT
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT TRAFFIC LIGHTS WERE A LOT SMALLER
YOU THINK THAT’S BIG?? CHECK OUT THIS STOP SIGN I JUST GRABBED
STOP STEALING ROAD NAVIGATIONAL ESSENTIALS.
This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.
favorite things about this
- literally all the brass starts to get the hang of it and then the crescendos happen and everyone is like FUCK FUCK FUCK??? FUCK. JUST. BLOW RLY HARD.
- the strings are lazy but also the same. like u can tell a lot of the ppl w/ the stringed instruments may already basically know how to play stringed instruments. like there’s definitely a section at the beginning where you hear a good portion going “oh yeah this is like. a smaller/bigger version of what i do.”
- all you hear of any woodwinds is just “pffffttt??? pFFFTTTT???? PFFFFFTTTT I SAID PFFFFTTTT!!!!!” bc woodwinds are fucking HARD and you hear after like the first crescendo half of them just give up. they give up. they’re done. fuck this it tastes weird and my lips hurt.
- that trumpet. that person is fucking TRYING man they fucking GOT this. they may not have figured out notes but they figured out LOUD and they GOT this.
I JUST DIED
pffffft?? PFFFFTTT??? I SAID PFFFTTT!!!! omg
What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I cannot do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situation to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
Just so everyone knows, swarming like this is a thing that honeybees do.Via wikipedia:
Swarming is the natural means of reproduction of honey bee colonies. A new honey bee colony is formed when the queen bee leaves the colony with a large group of worker bees, a process called swarming. In the prime swarm, about 60% of the worker bees leave the original hive location with the old queen. This swarm can contain thousands to tens of thousands of bees. Swarming is mainly a spring phenomenon, usually within a two- or three-week period depending on the locale, but occasional swarms can happen throughout the producing season.
If you’ve got a swarm going on in or around your property, the best thing to do is stay well back from it, call information and locate your nearest apiary (if you’re sufficiently close to one, that’s prbably where the bees are -from-). swarms usually relocate on their own to an attractive hive site, but if they’re trying to hive in an inappropriate location, a beekeeper can come and remove the swarm safely.
Honey bees in the US are currently under stress from mite infestations; exterminating a swarm in a situation where bee removal is possible is irresponsible, as healthy and genetically diverse bee populations are critical to population recovery. Seriously, we need these gals to pollinate our food crops and stuff.
Passing along the bee-relocation info. Please don’t kill bees! They’re important
please dont harm bug
at first I freaked out a bit but then I realized the were bees and not wasps and my reaction immidiately changed to ‘oh gosh babies you can live in my car whenever you want’
But yeah dont kill bees bees are cool
wasps are assholes though seriously fuck wasps
They just makin a pit stop
covered in BEEEEEEEEEES
I would not be able to touch my car for a fucking month if I found that waiting for me.
You sure I can’t just take a torch to them?
Bees in the US are disappearing drastically, honeybees are not like wasps , hornets, or Africanized bees and will not just randomly sting you.
The best thing to do is pick up your phone and call someone to relocate them, 99% of the time it won’t cost you a dime to do so. PLEASE DO NOT KILL BEES
More and more Bee and mass colony/hive collapse happen drastically, due to many reasons, chemicals, climate, MONSANTO (a fucking big reason) mites/parasites, and such, and honeybees are an indicator species, we lose the bees, we lose a massive amount of successful food crops, meaning high demand, higher prices, fights, arguments, economy disasters and even widespread panic in later years if what I calculate is true…
Apparently this is "The clearest photo of Mercury ever taken."
why isnt everyone getting so excited about this, it is literally another planet look at how beautiful it is stop what your doing and look at how alien like this planet is what is living there oh my god mercury
WHAT HAVE I DONE
what have you done
please dont stop what youve done
I AM EXTREMELY CONFUSED